EP.58 Chef BTS 2] [Chef BTS 1, previous episode]
JUNGKOOK, shall we eat past today? [I make it if I want to eat it]
I’ll make the pasta. [Beating egg whites to get good ingredients]
V, aren’t you done? JUNGKOOK is super fast.
You need to do it faster. Nice, JUNGKOOK. Nice. [Giving laughter to everyone
before the actual cooking] Why did you do that? – This is right.
– Good. [The maknae who got cheers from others]
Which team came in last? [1995s who the others are concerned about]
We’re last again? [Chef BTS’ cooking will start right now!] [Cleanliness is the basic of cooking!]
Wash your hands first. 1st is cleanliness. 2nd is cleanliness.
3rd is cleanliness. [According to J-HOPE, cleanliness and swag are
important] 4th is swag. [Wandering]
What should I do first? [Chef explains step by step to V] – Yes, this is it.
– As you can see, you boil it for 13 minutes. [Input complete]
Boil for 13 minutes. – He said to boil for 13 minutes.
– 13 minutes? – Then I’ll make the sauce.
– Sure. Teamwork. [No one cares about Boxing team’s teamwork]
Teamwork. Where’s the mixer? [That’s the vegetable water extractor] Is this it? [Checking] [And their questions never ended]
– Let’s ask first. – Teacher. Chef. Can we blend everything that’s left? – How much for 3 servings?
– I need to ask about the amount. [Countless question from Team Ref]
What is the ratio of basil and parsley… Let’s ask. [Chef is busy with questions from here and there]
– Do we put it all in and blend it?
– Where’s the blender? [What is the result of Team Ref’s storm-like
questions?] – Let’s ask. – Teacher. [Following]
The order is starting with the cream… [The youngest explaining to the oldest]
Pour it after you put in the bacon. [Maknae asked beforehand instead of JIN]
The timing of inserting vegetables… [How to make cream pasta]
After heating the pan, put oil in, then bacon. Cook it… [Nodding] then there’ll be oil from the bacon.
Put in onion, garlic, spinach etc. in that oil… – RM. – Yes.
– Let’s blend it first… [Chef Min supported by his dongsaengs]
– We have time. – Okay, but the amount… – I need to ask the amount…
– Teacher. Chef. [Their question war resumed]
When grabbed in a man’s hand, [The difference between Chef’s and J-HOPE’s
handful] – this is about 2 servings. – 2 servings. Then yours is about 3 servings. – Can we just grind the rest?
– How much such we grind for 3 servings? [Actions are faster than words!]
You’ll have to mix this and this. – Really?
– With parsley? [Giving lots of help to beginner cooks, BTS]
There pretty leaves… [Concentrating]
– do this… – Pluck them… [Where?] – Put them on the pasta.
– The plate. Use any plate you want up there. Which shall we use? – Do you boil the noodles in here?
– Yes. [How to boil pasta]
Put in water and some salt… – Salt?
– Yes, put in lots of salt. Lots? [Excited Chef Min humming] [SUGA doing well by himself without help] [Sprinkling salt] [When the front side of the meat is seasoned,
flip it] [SUGA heading somewhere] [BTS members busy here and there] [Chef Min looking relaxed] – Do we grind the garlic?
– Yeah, together. – Garlic and pine nut, together.
– Altogether? [Team Ref’s method, ask if you don’t know!]
Let’s ask. – Do we put in all the ingredients at once
and grind them? – Yes, you can do that. Where the grinding machine? – Blender. – Blender, please.
– Thank you. [J-HOPE brings the blender]
It’s a mixer. [The identity of the item still in question]
What is this I found? [No] I don’t know. A millstone? [That’s not it, either]
Is it a food trash can? [They’re almost like dumb and dumber…]
I think it’s a bit like that. What will you do? Me? I’ll boil the noodles. [1995s divide tasks and cooperate]
– Okay, then I’ll make the sauce. – Okay. [1995s are unsure since it’s there first time doing
it without others’ help] We also need to cook
the meat. – Is it okay to make the pasta first?
– I think so. – Spoon!
– Spoon. JUNGKOOK, here. [Repeating in a second]
Spoons are over there. [Finally found the spoon he’s been looking for]
Spoon. – 3 table spoons, right Chef?
– 2 spoons. [Flustered] – I put it 3.
– It’s okay. – I’ll put in more water.
– Put in more. Is this good? More? [JIN concentrating on cooking,
a hidden cooking master] What do I do now? [JIN starts to wander]
– JUNGKOOK hyung, I lost my thing to do.
– Me too. – JIN. – Huh? – Why don’t you have anything to do? Help our team. Basil, basil, basil. Shoot! Goal! [JIN came to help Team Ref]
It’s like a German player’s name. [The situational theater hasn’t ended]
– Basil’s overhead kick! – Do what? [The three gathered to handle basil]
Pluck the ones that look like basil sprouts. [Maknae joins] – What are you doing?
[Confused RM] – What are you doing? I don’t have anything to do. [Strange how Team Boxing has nothing to do]
Why don’t you have anything to do? [Full of emotions]
Isn’t this pretty? V! Does this look like 1 serving or 3 servings? [The onions look like a lot] – About 2, no, 3 servings.
– Right? [JIMIN, isn’t that carrots?]
I don’t like onions so… a little… [Looking so cool] – Chef, do you have that? Chopsticks?
– Chopsticks. [Received pasta chopsticks]
Thank you. [Interesting] They use these… [All members are concentrating and cooking] [This is Chef Min who’s concentrating] [Everyone can do it!
Chef Min’s cooking garlic with one hand] [Envious]
Hyung, where did you get that? [Confused SUGA]
– Where did you get it? – What? [Maknae wants the pasta chopsticks
SUGA is using] The two sticks. – I asked for it.
– Really? [I want them…] Where are those pasta sticks? [I get what I want! Maknae got the sticks]
[Yeah!] Why won’t mine boil? [V waiting for the water to boil
since a few minutes ago] [Ooops] [Smiling] [Team Ref finished preparing the vegetables]
– Let’s put it in. – Isn’t it too much? [Put it all in and take it out if it’s too much]
Let’s put it in first. We can take it out if we want. [It’s a lot in the blender]
– This much. – Take out a bit? – A bit. – Let’s take that much out. – Okay.
– Parsley’s scent is really strong. Let’s take another one out. [One parsley will change the flavor]
Let’s just put in one parsley. – Last one. – Right, last. Want more, right?
– Yeah. – A big one. [Koreans are affectionate! Lots of service]
– Need to put in one. – Our pine nut. – Pine nut.
– Let’s ask the amount. [Another session of endless questions?]
Teacher. [Working hard]
When the onions, carrots and green onions are
somewhat cooked, [Not concentrating]
put in tomatoes and cook them together. [Scratching]
[Is this right?] [JIMIN and V confused while cooking]
I don’t know how much to put in. – How much should we put in?
– How much tomatoes are enough? I think you can put in more. [JIMIN, enjoy!] [The back of someone
who wants to eat tomatoes] – I think, RM…
– Yes. [JIN, what are you doing alone?]
I think the garlic is important. – Garlic. – When I eat oil pasta, the scent of garlic… [Describing the oil pasta from vague memory]
– That oil pasta is really good. – Right. It’s in.
And the garlic? [Team Ref looking for garlic]
– Garlic… where’s the garlic? – Garlic’s here. This is not garlic. [JIN saves 1995s’ Orecchiette pasta] It’s not garlic. Where the garlic?
Who took the garlic? [He also thinks it’s funny] [Oh… RM…] Look, it looks like garlic. [Yeah… no…]
– It’s not? – Won’t this much pine nuts be enough? [They look like garlic]
Should we put in more pine nuts? [Pouring it in] [This is the pine nut festival]
Isn’t that too much? – Trust me.
– Put in a bit and taste it. [RM and J-HOPE have different cooking styles]
[Can’t hear] Trust Chef Jung, his guts. [Maybe he trusts him…?]
– Yap! – I trust you, but let’s follow instructions. [Everyone’s calm on this side]
I don’t think I should keep stirring. [So difficult] [Yum] [Chewing] [His style, it’s good] [Working hard] [Got tomatoes] [Yum, yum] [Maknae asking the oldest]
– JIN. – Huh? – How much salt did you use? I didn’t. It’s just peppers and olives. [Staring] – Where’s the salt?
– Here, salt. [And the oldest and youngest start cooking
to show off] Nice. Hyung, that looks like chicken. [Clueless about even sprinkling salt] It’s this. – You need stick out your elbow.
– JUNGKOOK, do it. Show us. – Show? – Show us.
– JUNGKOOK knows how to do it. [This is style]
Right, that’s it. – You can’t cut this now, can you?
– I can. [Maknae giving tips to JIN]
– With bacon. – Together? – Cook together. [JIN seasoning the meat]
The beef has no fat. But oil will come out of the bacon and
olives are covered in it. Chef, is it okay to stir-fry some beef
with the bacon? [BTS, do whatever you want] – Yes, if you want.
Cut it into small pieces. – Got it. [Careful] [Deliciousness guaranteed!
new recipe, moving away from the old one] [Looking so cool] [Concentrating] – Right, this is the shape I wanted.
– This? [Wow] Great! Good job. – What do we put in next?
– Cheese. Cheese? We put in cheese? [Chef’s tip] – It’s good with more cheese.
– Okay. [Pushing the cheese grater to one another]
You try it. I think you’ll be better than me. [Grating]
Like this? It feels so good. [Smiling] – Great?
– It’s really good. Try it. [Amazed] [Can you be this cute over cheese?] [Dongsaeng curious about what hyungs do]
Try. Come here. This is cheese. – Oil pasta.
– Taehyung. [Hyungs paying attention to the observing
dongsaengs] The cheese flakes are delicious. [Cheese falling like snow] Okay! [Hands are grating but the head is thinking]
– How much do we put in? – Cheese… – He said the more the better, right?
– Right. [JIMIN kindly explains]
Continue till the tomatoes are sufficiently cooked. [Already looking good]
Continue to cook. When it’s sufficiently cooked, we’ll grind it. Bolenche? [Sudden quiz]
What was it? The name of the grinding thing… [No] – Bolognese? – Bolenche? [Guys… blender…]
– Blenche? – Blenche? [J-HOPE leads the leader]
– RM. come over here. – Okay, I’m going. – Chef Min, we’re going now.
– Yes. [Busy with one blender]
Do it. [All gathered in front of the blender] [Curious]
Okay, stop. Why won’t it blend? [The chef came to help]
Stir it with this. We shouldn’t do it now, should we? [He’s curious too]
Make sure it doesn’t touch that. [Let’s see… were these four a team?]
Really? Okay. [JUNGKOOK helps out]
JUNGKOOK! [Looks like it’s kind of working] [Stirring]
BTS is working together. [BTS making pesto together]
Everyone, we’re working together. Okay, put in more oil. [Putting in oil]
Pour it in. [Uh, uh, uh]
– Stop. – Stop. [Are you a spy…?]
[What?] [J-HOPE thinks he’s cute] [It’s better with a bit of oil added]
It looks done. Isn’t that the color of pesto? [It’s somewhat done! The most important
tasting time!] Shall we taste it? Let’s taste it. – Please hurry up.
– There’s one more. [Kind hyungs moving out if the way]
– Go ahead. – Okay, thank you. [V still waiting for the water to boil]
The pine nuts need to be finer. Hyung, the water is almost boiling. [Tired of waiting] [1995s encouraging and supporting each other]
It’s okay. We’ll be fine. – We still have lots of time left.
– Let’s cheer up. [The two look good cheering each other]
[Did I do well?] I’m 1/3 done with the sauce. – Yeah? – Almost done. [They’re telling each other to taste it…
They’re waiting for the water to boil…] It’s a lot. – You first or me first?
– You first. [Is this what a tasting assistant is…?] – Oh!
– How is it? Good? [Tasting it] It’s not bad. [It’s pesto, but needs something more]
I think we need to grind the pesto more. Shall we grind it more? [Grinding it again] [Tasting the stick which has sauce on it] [Something’s missing the more they eat it]
– This is… – Let’s taste it. Do we need more pine nuts? [SUGA’s words disappear into thin air]
– Is it okay? – Where’s the butter?
– I think it’s okay… [Personal taste. Team Ref’s opinions are divided
again] I want to put in more garlic. [Embracing J-HOPE’s opinion]
– Garlic? Okay. – Let’s put in a bit more garlic. [Chef Min’s time to cook the steak] [The water is starting to boil a bit] Do you have tongs? [ASMR that stimulates the stomach] [This is the kitchen with the hottest chefs] [Even the smell of oil feels like perfume]
You did it, didn’t you? [They’re not fighting, but understanding…]
There’s nothing to splatter
but there’s something splattering. [Cute] – Who wanted the tongs? – Me. [Still waiting for the water to boil] [The meat from before looks to delicious now] [JIN cooking bacon]
The bacon smell is so good. JUNGKOOK, what’s after bacon? [Oh! JUNGKOOK is telling JIN?] Put in
vegetables when the oil comes out of the bacon. JUNGKOOK, onion. [Maknae giving onion right away]
– Onion. – Thank you. [All members are working hard]
5 minutes need to pass. [Team Ref and maknae are all busy]
How long since it boiled? How many minutes? [He’s sure of himself]
– About 3-4 minutes? – Cooking is feeling. [Maknae telling the recipe again to JIN]
Before it gets thick after boiling, [Up to you]
put in butter or eggs. [You take care of it] It’s up to you. [This is the cooking philosophy of our youngest]
Cooking is feeling. It’s up to you. [They’re still discussing the pesto here]
I think we need more garlic. [Putting in sliced garlic]
I think about 3 will do. – I think this is enough.
– Okay. [The pesto chaos begins like this] [Stirring] [Tasting again]
Okay, RM. How does it taste? [Me too] [Tasting] Do we need more basil?
The basil taste is weak, right? Let’s put in more basil. [Now more basil goes in] [Working hard] [Looks like they ate a 1 serving tasting] [Um] [Now they put in too much]
– Is it too much? – It’s too much. Let’s put in more oil. [Adding more oil]
Right, oil! We need more oil. [Is this right?] – The vegetable tastes too strong.
– Right? It’s too strong.
I think more pine nuts… [Always one thing missing] – Garlic.
– A bit more garlic. Cheese? No more cheese? [J-HOPE goes to get the ingredients]
Let’s add more cheese. [They’re putting in more of everything] [Hehehehe] [They poured in their passion into this pesto] [Tasting time, again] [Thinking] Not sure? I think it’s okay because of the garlic base. [This is the garlic base oil SUGA made
in advance] I think this is the best. With basil, the basil scent is too strong… and the others make the others taste too strong. [Good] [Pesto base is complete]
Okay, the sauce is done. [V watching JIMIN make the sauce] But like this… – What do you do with this?
– Here, you can add [Listening]
pepper or onion to add more flavor. [Right] Then that’s the sauce. The sauce is almost done. – Chef. – Yes. The water is not boiling yet,
but should I just put it in? [Still just steam coming up] [V rushing since he
wants to do something] It needs to be boiling. – Put it in when the bubbles are bigger.
– Yes. [Unlike V’s not boiling water, JUNGKOOK
finished cooking his noodles] It’s done. It’s done soon.
Guys, be strong. [Come out quickly since V is waiting] [What does Team Ref have to do now?]
– Now… – Is the noodle ready? [Now is time to listen to SUGA] – It’s cooked.
Bring it. – It’s cooked? – Bring the pesto. – You cooked it for 8 minutes?
– I heard it’s only 8 minutes. [SUGA did it, guys…]
It’s cooked. What do I do with this?
Stir it, right? [SUGA will also stir-fry the pasta]
I’ll cook it. [Concentrating] [He gives the dongsaengs tasks]
It just need the decorations. [Looking delicious] [SUGA cooking is so cool] [Surprised] Hot. [Cooking from behind the column because of
the splattering oil] Oil is scary. [Huh?] How can I cook with the oil… [V finally grabs the pasta noodles]
Can I do it now? – Chef, the water is boiling.
– Put it in. [Finally putting in the noodles after a long wait]
Time watch! [Exact] 13 minutes. [Cute] You’re timing? Good. [Argh] Hot! [Looking at SUGA only, he’s like a restaurant’s
chef] It’s hot! I feel like I’m working in a restaurant. [A fabulous fire show is a bonus!] The noodles…
I don’t know what’s cooked. [But still tasting it] – JUNGKOOK. – Huh?
– It’s good. – It’s good?
– It’s good. [Great wrist snap. Cream pasta needs to be thick] [Working hard] [Now, the steak the maknae made] [Oldest came to feed the others]
JUNGKOOK, open up. [Like a mother bird and a baby bird] [Umm. Yummy!] [SUGA finished one pasta]
Guys, J-HOPE. [All busy] It’s done. Decorate it. Do that on this. [Now the task is to decorate the pasta!] [He does well on his own.
JIN decorating by himself] [Working hard] [Decorating like a professional chef] I can use this, right? [Doesn’t know] – Probably.
– Can I use it? [Confused camera director] Why are you asking the camera director? [Hehe] [Pausing] [JIMIN wants to boast something]
Taehyung, what about this? Look. [Vegetable stir-fry with wrist snap]
[Ooh!] [RM and J-HOPE still decorating the pasta] [Stammering]
We just need to put it on top, right? You can mix it or put it on top. – Let’s put it on top.
– Let’s. How much should we do? [Unsure while doing it]
How much is good? From my view, I think it’d be better with more
salt or cheese. – Salt or cheese?
– Did you taste it? [Flustered] – We did.
– Isn’t it a bit bland? It is a little. [What do I do?]
People prefer different seasoning… [SUGA’s voice coming from somewhere]
– In the end… – Let’s hear the advice. – J-HOPE.
– Yeah? [SUGA’s tip who knows Italian food]
Put in Parmesan cheese at the end if it’s bland. [Perfect visually]
– Huh? – Grind in Parmesan cheese. – Parmesan is that cheese, right?
– Yup. [Arrabbiata pasta got complimented] Parmesan? [Arrabbiatta sauce
JIMIN poured all his energy into] [V;s noodles are still boiling]
See if the noodles is cooked… [Confident] I have 8 minutes left. You’re timing it? [V timing accurately with a time watch] Yes. [Proud] – You’re very exact.
– 8 minutes and 20 seconds. It’s a great attitude. [JUNGKOOK looking for something?]
Right? Should I do the sauce like this? [RM and J-HOPE still discussing decorations]
This feels good. [RM says J-HOPE is right all the time]
– Right? – Yeah, right. [Why…?] We still have 30 minutes? Do you want to taste it? [Approaching]
Everyone, 30 minutes left. [Yum, yum]
Don’t we do a meat dish? Let’s start in 10 minutes. [(Um… What is this…?)] Who’s is the pork steak? Ours. [1995s haven’t started on the steak while
the 2 teams are almost done] It has to go in. – The other 2 teams’ steaks…
– 8 minutes left. [Reliable] – I’ll do it. – Okay. [(I trust you, my friend)] – Where’s my pork steak…?
– It’s there. [This is]
[The pesto decoration J-HOPE wanted] [And when you sprinkle cheese here…?] [All are awed by SUGA’s skills]
Yoongi hyung is really good. [Team Ref is all done when the steak resting
is done!] The steak will be done after resting. [Team Ref’s skills amazes the chef]
You’re resting it without me telling you to. I learned well from hyung. [Our hyung!]
SUGA hyung! [Shoulders up with confidence]
You’re so awesome. Taste it. [Been tasting the whole day] [(Yes..! This is it!)] [Chef Min’s cooking can be trusted!]
Chef Min! – Trust in Chef Min.
– Good job. [1995s starting seasoning the steak now]
– Pour oil here? – A bit of oil. – Put it on. – Ah, right. – Right? You’re good. [JIMIN copying what he saw on TV] I saw it. [Starting to cook after seasoning!] [1, 2, 3] [SUGA continues to hum, must be feeling good] [This is the steak that’s been rested] [When SUGA puts it nicely, RM decorates it] Are you done? Shall I ring the bell? [Team Ref finished first]
– I think you can. – Where’s the bell? The bell’s here. [Bell ringing] [The food’s done. Take it, please!]
It’s done, take it, please. [1995s pasta and steak]
Please, 30 seconds. [In a hurry] [V finally getting the noodles] [V’s pasta. Alarm notifying the pasta is cooked] [This is orecchiette] Isn’t there are bigger plate? JIMIN? [Flustered because he doesn’t know where
the plates are] I don’t know where the plates are. Wait. [V goes to get the plate]
Uh? Thank you. Who’s alarm is it? It’s mine. [Everyone’s very busy] Hyung, the steak. Want to put it next to it? [Team Boxing puts the steak on the pasta!] [JUNGKOOK cleans the plate] [Eating by himself] [The visual is great here too]
[Meticulous] [Looking forward to JIN and JUNGKOOK’s
collaboration] Did you eat the meat? Try it. [Must try the food before it goes out for
perfection!] I think it’ll be good with the pasta. Uh? It’s a lot. [Worried] Oh no, we have insufficient sauce. I’ll manage. Please. I’ll mix it. [Roles divided. 1995s’ last spurt]
Wow, amazing. [Pasta looks great, don’t need to worry] [Team Boxing is done plating!] [JUNGKOOK want to do more with the plating]
– More decoration? – Where’s the bell? No, let’s go like this. [Team Boxing is second to be done!] [1995s finally start plating now!]
I’m really bad at cutting. Now the last team… Is it just us? [1995s in a rush after hearing
they’re the only ones left] Oh no. [(Friend…!)] How is it? It’s good! [JIMIN feeding his friend who’s plating]
The meat is… [Chewing] [Mumbling] [Using leftover pasta as decoration for the steak] [J-HOPE came to see sine it’s time]
[Rushing] Ring the bell. Let’s get it! Let’s finish. Go, go. It’s not this way. [Now is the really last decoration] [Bell sound rushing the 1995s] Done! [Working hard] [Already perfect visual!] [Team Boxing’s cream pasta & tenderloin steak] [The eyes are feasting just by looking!] [Team Ref’s pesto pasta & sirloin steak] [All of 1995s souls went into it!] [Team 1995s’ arrabbiata pasta & pork neck steak] [All 3 teams completed their cooking!]
Right, it’s all done. Good job. [Good job] Thank you. [I always thought it] – Cooking is hard.
– But it’s fun, right? [Though not perfect, but fun cooking time!]
– It’s totally fun. – It was really fun. It was so fun, but it would be better without the time limit, I think. – Please name your plates.
– We… [Team Ref will go first!]
Team Ref’s… Our food is… Min SUGA. [What is that?] We put in his soul in it, and like his name,
it’s very sweet… [The official speech maker, RM, finishes his
explanation] So, this is Min… and this is SU, and this is GA. [Again, we stress that SUGA’s soul went into it]
Yoongi hyung really… ground his soul in it. [Sad] – So, we’re satisfied.
– It’d be more delicious hot. – We…
– It’s a bit cold. [Team Ref’s explanation ends with a bit of
sadness] – Take that into consideration.
– Okay, next. [Next to introduce is Team 1995s]
1995s. – The name of our team’s cooking is…
– Steak… It’s 95’s easy steak. It’s pork. [1995s took longer to cook the pork]
Cooking time… took longer. [The two worked really hard]
Right, we worked really hard. [It was 1995s first time to cook without others’
help] I think it’s the first time we… worked this hard to cook. [Right] – Everyone worked really hard.
– Since it’s pork… [Explaining while looking at J-HOPE]
we thought a spicy pasta would be good. So we made it a bit spicy… And the decoration is… done by V, which looks really cool. [Team 1995s finished their explanation!] Okay. [Last team is Team Boxing!]
– Next. – The name. – Do you want to know?
– Yes. This is “It smells really good.” [Members waiting thinking there’s more]
…it smells really good. – It smells really good.
– Why? – And the taste? – Wait.
– Try smelling it. The smell is really good. [Team Boxing shows confidence with smell
only] And the taste? It’s because it smells good. [V really smells it] – I smelled it.
– There’s a separate name. [Announcing the real name!] – What is it?
A flying cow on top of the running pasta. [Surprised]
What? Again, please. [Again] A flying cow on top of the running pasta. [Oh, that’s good]
A flying cow on top of the running pasta. [All amazed]
It’s cool. [Trying to pick a fight]
So they don’t mix well? The cow is here, and the pasta is here…
They’re separate. [Giving up already]
Interpret it your own way. [Cute] That’s what he said. [JUNGKOOK’s introduced Team Boxing’s name]
Anyhow, okay. [Looking forward]
I’m looking forward to it since it’s cream pasta. [Now is time for the chef to taste it and
evaluate!] The tasting… [So nervous]
I’m nervous. [Chef’s choice?]
What do you want to try first? – In the order it came out.
– Right, the order the food came out. [Members agree to Chef’s opinion]
– Eating… – I’ll help myself. [Worried] – It’s cold now.
– Take that into consideration, please. [Very nervous] [Chef’s exclamation showing big
surprise?] He’ll know better… – Who cooked this?
– I did. [Chef Min’s cooking]
It’s exactly medium-cooked… You know what you’re doing. [This is Min SUGA who know what he’s doing] [It’s amazing] He know what he’s doing. [SUGA learned a lot from his brother]
– This is… – I learned from my hyung… – It’s almost the best compliment…
– Stop. [Nervous in front of a real chef]
– I’m nervous. – It’s been a while. [Chef is tasting] [Mmmm]
Ah, but the steak… [JUNGKOOK voice full of envy came be heard]
It must be really well cooked. Looks good. [Boasting about SUGA]
– SUGA is a great cook. – He’s the pillar of BTS. [They endlessly boast about SUGA]
– We… – Noodles and stuff… – SUGA cooks it all. – Plucks basil leaves…
– We… [Embarrassed, wandering eyes]
…do the plating, and grind the basil… [(We worked hard too…!)] Considering it’s dry, it’s still good. [Members keep on chatter to Chef’s reaction]
– Really? – It’s good? – I want to try it too.
– That team will get 1st place. Congrats! [Chef moving to taste Team Boxing’s food]
[But the maknae is here…] JUNGKOOK, come here. It’s our turn. [The oldest calls the youngest] [JUNGKOOK wants to eat the steak badly]
– Let’s me have a bite of the steak.
– What should I eat? Which plate should I eat? [JIN ends up explaining by himself]
Personally, I want you to eat this plate. [Team Ref eating after evaluation
(feat. youngest)] I’ll do it. [Getting a bite from SUGA after waiting]
JUNGKOOK, come here. You need to go quickly. [Returning to his team after achieving his goal!]
Why is the steak so good? – It’s so different from ours.
– Really? [Chef came back with Team Boxing’s food]
It’s a bit overcooked. Medium-well? Yes. If you say so, Chef. [JUNGKOOK tells the truth] – We couldn’t really
pay that much attention… – I think so. [You don’t have to say, we know]
It’s good. [Oh!] It’s good? [It’s really good] – Seriously?
– It’s really soft. [Good job, youngest!]
JUNGKOOK, good. [One improvement they can make is the salt
seasoning] – But I wish it had more seasoning.
– Right? JIN hyung did the salt seasoning. [The two did it together…]
You did it with me while playing. [Now the pasta!] Why am I nervous? [(How is it…?)] It’s good. [Team Boxing gets approval for the steak
and pasta] – It’s a new taste.
– A new taste? Because it’s usually a smoked pork or… – Right.
– meat preserved in salt to get the taste right… [Listening] But due to the taste of beef,
it’s a new kind of carbonara. [JIN and JUNGKOOK food got compliments]
New carbonara. [Clap!] – It’s good.
– A creative… [Time to taste the last one, 1995s!] [JIMIN getting up for the chef]
Please stay seated. [(No, I’m okay)]
Why are you standing? [Smoothly sits on his friend’s lap]
– Please sit. – JIMIN, behind you… – JIMIN, aren’t you too humble?
– A humble JIMIN… – He is more… [Chef carefully taking the food]
– Long time since I’ve seen him.
– …nervous than you’d expect to be. [JIMIN and V more nervous than ever] [Closed eyes] – Please sit. – Yes. [How does it taste?] [What does this smile mean?] [Anxious] [I can’t watch!]
What does that smile mean? [JIN’s intuition]
It’s good or bad. [Cautious] – Honestly, you struggled the most
out of the 3 teams. – Right. [Understands completely]
I bet it was really hard. Since we’re all going to eat together,
you’ll know what I mean. The pork steak and orecchiette pasta… – is a great match.
– Really? [1995s did well under difficult conditions]
It might not be as good separately. [The two listen carefully to the chef]
– Separately… – I was a bit unsure. But with the orecchiette for my last bite, [Pork steak + orecchiette pasta=love]
the oiliness was covered by the spiciness… [(Good job, us!)] Next, al dente… [Sudden question]
Did you make orecchiette al dente on purpose? [Eh…] [Looking around] [Cute] [(V, you answered knowingly, right?)]
[Cute] Just say yes. – I think it was V’s intuition.
– V’s intuition? [Successful orecchiette al dente with V’s
intuition] It’s a perfect al dente… and together with the pork, [Good job, 1995s!]
– the texture blends well. – Thank you. – It’s good.
– You can’t know. [Good job] [V, happy with compliments] [Now it’s time. Time to announce the ranking!]
Do we have to choose 1st place? 1st place is obviously going to be that team. [No one knows the results]
We don’t know that. [The penalty is to clean up and make drinks!]
The last place needs to make coffee. Let’s get ready to make coffee. [Given up] [Ah…] Cooking is not for me. [V, you did so well today!]
No, we did really good. Don’t eat and wait. Honestly, I think I’m better than the hotels’
room service steak. [SUGA so into his own cooking]
SUGA’s shoulders are about to pierce the sky. [His shoulders are like Mt. Everest today] [Finally, the results!]
– Is there a twist? – Yes. [Members are surprised by the mention of twist] [If there’s a twist, is Team Ref in 3rd place?]
If there’s a twist, that’s not good for us. – I think we’re last.
– Oh no. [Which team will benefit from the twist?]
– Oh no. – Can we look forward to the twist? [Result of tasting evaluation] [RM, SUGA, J-HOPE – Team Ref]
[Taste 5, Deco 5, Speed 5, Hygiene 4,5, Total 19,5] [JIMIN, V – Team 1995s]
[Taste 5, Deco 5, Speed 4, Hygiene 4,5, Total 18,5] [JIN, JUNGKOOK – Team Boxing]
[Taste 4,5, Deco 5, Speed 4,5, Hygiene 4,5,
Total 18,5] [Team Ref ranks 1st with 1 point!]
[Team 1995s and Team Boxing are
both in 2nd place!] [Wow!] [Team Ref sharing the joy of 1st place] [Hyung, you’re the best!]
As long as you’re not in last place. Team 1995s and Team Boxing… [Will decide with rock-paper-scissors minus one]
will do rock-paper-scissors minus one… [The two cry out] Aren’t they suppose to cook one more time? [BTS is special, so we’ll play this game]
It’s rock-paper-scissors minus one? – Let’s do 2 on 2.
– Okay, survival. [Tournament style like V said!]
I’ll go first. No, I’ll go first. – It’s for the clean up and coffee….
– Ah, it’s also coffee. JUNGKOOK! [Their rock-paper-scissors started]
Rock-paper-scissors. Do it quickly. Minus one! [Truly surprised]
[JUNGKOOK wins in a flash!] [Hugging!] [(No… this is a dream…]
It’s good, it’s good. [MC RM makes it like a cypher performance
for minus one] Rock-paper-scissors! Minus one! [The goddess of victory goes to JIMIN this time!] [(This is easy!)]
1 vs 1. [Red corner, JIN VS Blue corner, JIMIN]
Red corner… [So much burden] Seokjin! You know about the clean up, right? – Please…
– Rock-paper-scissors! [Same] Minus one! Rock-paper-scissors! Minus one! [JIN won after another close match!] [Victory is ours!] [Why did I put out scissors…] [It was a good match…!] [Enjoying their victory] [His soul has left him..] We ate that. [Moving on. Now, it’s time to eat tasting each
other’s food!] Let’s enjoy the food we made. [Members share each other’s food]
Let’s exchange. Each other’s food… here, here. [Eating] – This is big. – It’s all good. [All you can hear is food being consumed…]
– It’s good. – The oil pasta is good? – Yup. Cooking is really not easy. [V… you’ll fall into the plate]
I knew this from before… [It’s so good] – Delicious.
– Really, when I pay a price for something, [He must be moved] I’m just thankful someone
makes this kind of delicious food for me. [Chewing] All the pastas are well-made. [Either way, all 3 teams cooked successfully]
We all did well. [BTS complimenting each other endlessly]
It’s all delicious. – I like this because it’s spicy.
– We all did good. – Nice, nice.
– I can’t feel my tongue. [The reason why J-HOPE can’t feel his
tongue!] – With a recipe… – It’s good. [Clap!] We did well today. – SUGA hyung.
– Huh? Let’s run a steak house. [That’s good too but] This is the best. [He gives the most delicious steak] Eat this. This is the coldest now, but it’s really good. [Please take this, guys…]
SUGA’s shoulders are in the sky now… [Please someone bring his shoulders down]
– Stop. – Help me bring the shoulders down. [RM tried but failed]
My shoulders will stick to the sky. [Members enjoy the food as much as
they worked hard to make them] Shall we go to make coffee now? [Applause coming from somewhere
trying to rush people] [I can’t hear it…] [Members ordering while enjoying their food]
I ask for a nice cup of coffee. [1995s didn’t finish eating]
I really want to drink coffee right now. – A cool lemonade…
– I want a iced black coffee. [Then I want cola…]
Pleas give a cola on ice since it’s a bit oily. [Picky leader]
Can I get a Dutch coffee? [The oldest finished ordering too]
I want a nice strong lemonade. [1995s came to make coffee]
– Just one… – Yeah. [1995s conspiring like the menaces they are]
Let’s put in lots of salt in it. [Thinking] Just one, one black coffee. [In a low voice] SUGA hyung wanted cola. [Nice] Since SUGA hyung talked too much today,
should we put it in his? [Final target is SUGA] – There’s no salt.
– Let’s mess with his drink. – Okay. [Haven’t started yet because they were busy
conspiring…] Now, we… [Shall we make coffee together?]
learned it a while back… Shall we make coffee first? [V leveling up to a professional level] – V? – Yes? [Next is tamping!]
[Pressing down] [Where can you see baristas like them…?] What’s next? – 3 lemonades.
– No, what after this step? [JIMIN is right!]
Pour it in a cup. [1995s making iced coffee] [JIMIN serving and V preparing the next drink] How do I make lemonades…? Ah, the drinks are coming. [Members look forward to the drinks]
– Drinks. – JIMIN! – 2 black coffee.
– Okay. – It’s here. – Thank you. Really?
– Did you really make it? [J-HOPE really surprised]
– Yes, we did it. – Really? – I’ll take a photo.
– Good. [JIMIN asks for salt to the staff as soon as
he comes back] Could you… get us some salt? [V is worried although he agreed]
But they know us so well now… They know us so well now,
so they’ll be suspicious. They’re not now. [JIMIN and V got the salt]
– Thank you. – Thank you. [(Tasting it first…)]
[Stopping friend from tasting] [V’s taste buds are synced (?)]
– We need something to stir. – Hey. – It’s okay. [They really made a “salt” cola]
Shall we taste it? [Stirring to melt the salt]
Let me try it. [JIMIN tries the salt cola first] – It’s not salty.
– It’s not? [Worried. How much more…]
Yeah, put more in it. [Perfect teamwork!] [1995s about make a sea] Done. [King of curiosity within BTS]
Let me try. [Disaster caused by curiosity…] [V give the glass so JIMIN can serve]
– You can give SUGA hyung like this. – Okay. [Cautiously puts down the cola, talking naturally]
Lemonades will be out soon. [Hyungs are complimenting the coffee since
they know nothing] The coffee is amazing. – The coffee is great.
– It’s totally my style. Try it. Hyung! [Already knows]
– What did you put in here? – Cola. [What is it?] [SUGA questioning 1995s with taste and sense]
You mixed something else in it. [What? What?] – We didn’t.
– No, it’s just cola. Try it. We really didn’t. JUNGKOOK, it’s okay, right? [(Something is weird…)] Give it. JUNGKOOK, give it here. [Acting genius V fooling everyone]
We really didn’t put in anything at all. [Looking carefully]
JUNGKOOK, give it. It’s salt. It’s white at the bottom… [SUGA’s request to 1995s’ improper act]
Shoot everything till they do the dishes
in time lapse. [The oldest tries it although he knows]
– Salt’s in it. – No, but it’s real. [V denies it even though he got caught]
We didn’t do anything. [1995s came to clean up] [Soulmate JIMIN consoling V]
Taehyung, you can do it. It will ends once we start. [It’s like the kitchen was hit by a storm…] I think
we need to divide washing the dishes [V’s language] Where do you throw away the
food waste trash can? [Give me] – Is it here?
– Food waste goes here. [1995s are working hard to do what they have to] V, it’s not as much as you think it is. [How much did JIMIN think the load would be?]
– There’s the dishes. – Yeah. The dishes are less than I expected. [Expression that says he can’t understand]
Less than you expected? – This plates…
– This is unprecedented… [JIMIN doing well]
Throw away like this… [One side is organized, so dishes are all that’s left!]
I think this will be done if we do the dishes. [Lost his mind]
I told you. Why didn’t you look back…? [1995s’ clean up is till here
since they did such a good job!] [RUN BTS] [RM] [SUGA] [JIN] [J-HOPE] [JIMIN] [V] [JUNGKOOK] [RUN BTS
EP.58 Chef BTS 2]